4 years and Private pre-K Program..
Young learners continue their journey of exploration and discovery in the pre-kindergarten classroom. Teachers help them apply their developing literacy and math skills through purposeful, planned learning experiences. The lesson plans allow children to learn from their teachers and from interactions with other children. This private pre-k program is designed to develop children’s…
• Demonstrating executive function skills by thoughtfully developing a strategy for performing a task and then finishing it;
• Classifying objects by color, size or shape and then reclassifying them by a distinctly different characteristic, which help to develop critical-thinking skills;
• Using math concepts by counting from 10 to 20 accurately and by grouping and regrouping objects.
• Remaining focused on a task even when other activities are going on around them;
• Further developing critical-thinking skills by solving problems and proposing alternate solutions without needing to experiment with or use every possible solution;
• Demonstrating social-emotional intelligence by controlling their emotional responses and considering a friend’s idea when it is different from their own.
Social Development .
• Offering to share materials and space with a classmate without encouragement or prompting from an adult;
• Beginning to suggest solutions to social problems in the class, which exhibits critical-thinking skills and social-emotional intelligence;
• Having longer-lasting friendships with more than one classmate and relating to other peers with the same interests.
All programs are customized to your child’s progress, needs and age.