3 Year Old class room
Perseverance is the ability to overcome obstacles to achieve a goal, which is essential to children’s success in school and in life. In the play-based preschool classroom, children develop this crucial trait by engaging in learning activities and sticking with them until they solve the problem or complete the project. This program is designed to develop children’s…
• Verbally counting to 10, counting items they select and using each number up to five with accuracy;
• Grouping items and demonstrating an understanding of number operations, which are components of critical-thinking skills;
• Associating numbers with their corresponding quantities in groups containing up to five items.
• Further developing communication skills by building their vocabularies and expanding their language skills by using words to refer to and describe familiar people, animals and objects;
• Using materials in new and creative ways to symbolize something else;
• Engaging in imaginative play and using props to learn about the dramatic arts, which help develop creativity skills. This can include exploring roles that are interesting or familiar.
Social Development .
• Understanding turn-taking, developing the capacity to wait and communicating to others when it is their turn, which are necessary for self-regulation, a component of social-emotional intelligence;
• Proposing a solution to their peers and working cooperatively to help solve a problem, which demonstrate executive function, collaboration and critical-thinking skills;
• Playing cooperatively with a small group of children and forming unique, authentic friendships with classmates for a short time.
All programs are customized to your child’s progress, needs and age.